EVERYBODY -- YLs AND OMs ARE WELCOME TO ENTER
The more folks we get to check into this contest, the better....you know the motto...."The More the Merrier"
CLARA Chatter Party 2018
Please click here for the contest log sheets.
Please click here in order to print out a copy of the log which you must fill in by hand.
This year we continue with computer contacts with regular scoring using either Echolink or CQ100.
Contest days are: Tuesday, March 13th and Saturday March 17th for 24 hours.
This is after the daylight savings time change.
A) 17:00--- Zulu in Canada is
b) 2:30 pm--- Newfoundland
c) 2:00 pm--- Atlantic Daylight Time, NB, NS, PEI
d) 1:00 pm--- Eastern Daylight Time, ON,QC
e) 12:00 noon--- Central Daylight Time, MB
f) 11.00 am--- All year in SK.
g) 11:00 am--- Mountain Daylight Time, AB, BC
h) 10:00 am--- Pacific Daylight Time, BC
1. WARC (World Amateur Radio Conference) does not allow 12, 17, 30 meters for contesting.
a) 13 March 1700Z to 14 March 1700Z and or
b) 17 March 1700Z to 18 March 1700Z
c) Total hours must equal 24 hours.
3. Suggested Frequencies:
a) CW: 14.033, 21. 033, 7.033, 3.688
b) Phone: 28.300, 21.255, 14.120, 14.288, 7.033-7.200, 3.750, 3.900.
Work CLARA and YL stations once per band/mode in a 2 hour period.
4. Cross mode contacts count as phone for both stations.
5. Categories: Single operator only for logged scores; However, have those family members beside you for family points! (No time limits per contact).
6. Exchange: Signal Report, Name, Call Sign, Province/State/DX country.
Log must show: Signal Report, Date, Time, Mode, Band, Name, Call Sign, QTH (see above ) and note QSO points
7. QSO points are:
a) CLARA member: 10 points
b) CLARA family member 5 points
c) Non Member YL; 5 points
e) OM;1 point.
a) VE/VA provinces/territories with anyone, OM or YL,& 13 Canadian multipliers
b) DXCC entries (only if QSO is with YL).
c) US state if with a YL OP.
d) on each band & mode.
9. Total Score is QSO points (times) x total number of multipliers.
10. Note Low Power OR High Power. Low power is 200 watts or less!
Computer Contacts Rules: same as HF on Echolink or CQ100 (try frequency 14.120) CQ100, like Echolink, is only obtained with proof of license. (www.qsonet.com for three months free trial). Only operations that require proof of amateur radio status accepted.
Logs are due April 15, 2017:
The person to receive the logs has yet to be determined for 2018.
The name will be up soon